Welcome to NextStop (www.NextStop.guide), a website and service (collectively, the “Site'' or “Service”) operated by NextStop, Inc. (“NextStop,” we,” “us,” or “our”).
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Notice at Collection: Please click here to read our CCPA Privacy Notice for additional information, including with respect to your rights, under the CCPA.
1. What information do we collect about you?
The information we collect about you is largely capable of personally identifying you – either on its own or when combined with other information. There are several ways we may obtain information about you, including from:
- You, when you provide us information to use our Service; and
- You, when you interact with certain technologies that power our Service that are automatically collected
The information may include the following categories:
- Personal Identifier Information: Your name, date of birth, demographic information, postal and email address, phone number, driver’s license or other government identification number, username, and password.
- Device/Browser Identifier Information: Your unique device or browser identifiers, such as the type of device you are using, device IDs, operating system version, and browser type.
- Internet/Electronic Activity: Your geolocation information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, web/app browsing and search history related to our Service, and information regarding your interaction(s) with our Site.
- Professional Information: Your National Provider Number (“NPI”), medical specialty, job history, taxpayer identification information, medical diplomas, and/or medical licenses.
A. Information that you provide to us
When you register for our Service, we may ask you to provide certain information. The information you provide to us may include:
- Name, date of birth, and demographic information (e.g., age, gender, etc.)
- Home, work, and/or billing addresses
- Zip code
- Email address
- Home, work and/or mobile phone number
- Messages from you
- Credit card information
- Driver’s license or other government identification number
- Professional information (e.g., NPI number, medical specialty, job history, taxpayer identification information, medical diplomas, and/or medical licenses)
B. Information we collect automatically
In addition to any information that you may provide to us, we and the third parties we work with may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information whenever you use our Service, including but not limited to:
- IP address
- Internet service provider
- Information about your operating system and browser, such as its maker or version
- The pages and content of our websites/screens that you view (including referring and exit pages)
- What information, content, or advertisements you view, hover over, or click on, such as via mouse movements, scrolling, clicks, text keyed into the site, and other actions activity
- Unique identifiers
- Login information
- Mobile device information, such as your telephone number, mobile device ID, the make, model, operating system, capacity and settings of your device
- Our third-party billing service provider, Stripe, will also collect information such as your full name, credit card number, and billing address.
Such technologies to collect the above information include but are not limited to:
- Pixels. A tracking pixel is a tiny pixel-sized image that allows us to track your website visits, advertising impressions, and other types of Internet activity. It's also sometimes called a web bug, beacon, or page tag.
- Web beacons. These are graphic image files that collect information about your use of and interactions with our Service, such as to count visitors to our Site and which pages were viewed and links clicked.
- Embedded scripts. These are programming codes that collect information about your use of and interactions with our Service.
2. How do we use your information?
We may use your information to provide our Service and for a variety of related business activities, which may include:
- Managing Your Profile and Account: We may use your information to verify your identity when you return to the Site, and to provide you with our Service.
- Communicating with You: We may use your information to notify you about changes to our Site and Service, to respond to your messages and comments, to provide customer support, to send you technical notices, and to contact you with administrative communications and newsletters.
- Service Ratings and Feedback: We may use your information to obtain ratings and reviews of our Service, which may include personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site, in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. We also collect feedback about users and their experience with our Site. Feedback is publicly viewable. In our discretion, we may remove feedback that violates our Terms of Service.
- Reviews: We may use your information to display your profile that you create on the Site, which consists of information including personal identifier information, photographs, professional information such as examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Site, hourly fees, earnings information, feedback/rating information, and username. This information may be publicly visible.
- Advertising and Marketing: We may use your information to advertise and market to you via any channel, including text messages, emails, direct mail, and other forms of advertising. We may use and share your information to send advertising and marketing of our Services and other services we believe you may find interesting. We may also use and share your information to measure the effectiveness of advertising and marketing, to predict effectiveness of advertising and marketing, to find audiences for advertising and marketing and other analytics and operations related to advertising and marketing.
- Business Operations: We may use your information to understand your use of our Service in order to consider improving them, including to provide, change, market, or optimize our service and products and to create new services and products. We also may use your information to determine whether applicable policies and terms are being violated.
- Security and Auditing: We may use your information to audit interactions with you, count ad impressions, detect security incidents, protect against fraud or other malicious activity, and identify and repair errors that may arise.
- Complying with Law: We may use your information to comply with applicable laws, including as required by judicial or administrative proceedings.
3. How do we share information with others?
We may share your information with companies that we work with or provide services to us in the ways described below.
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries
We may share information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
- Service Providers and Third Parties
We may share your information with the following service providers and third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- Data warehouses, servers, and storage providers
- Data analytic, data connectivity and customer data providers and platforms
- Customer engagement or relationship management platforms
- Advertising providers, advertising software tools, advertising servers, advertisers, sponsors and partners that market and advertise to you and measure performance of marketing and advertisements
- Cloud computing providers
- Survey and customer feedback providers and platforms
- Mailing houses and delivery services
- Data providers
- Software development tools
- Referral program platforms
- Pharmacies, healthcare providers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, copay card providers, insurance plans and other entities in the healthcare ecosystem
- Data providers, email delivery, and analytics software
- Text delivery and analytics platform
- Customer service software
- Patient advocacy support providers to handle your requests
- Privacy management platform, such as to manage deletion requests
- Prepaid card and gift card vendor
- Credit card and payment processers that process your credit card information (in cases where you provide us with your credit card information) and track payments
- Information security, fraud detection and prevention providers
- Identity and professional credential verification providers
- Auditors, third parties conducting security assessments and services, law firms, staff augmentation firms and other professional services providers
- For Corporate Transactions
- For Legal Obligations/Safety
We may be required by law to comply with a valid legal process, such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant, or where there is a lawful request, to disclose your information without your consent or notice. We may also be required to disclose your information to a third party or governmental entity in response to a court order. We may disclose your information to protect the security of our Services, servers, network systems, and databases.
- To Enforce Legal Rights
We may also share your information to protect our customers, employees, or property; in emergency situations; to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing; and to enforce our rights under our terms of service and policies, in court or elsewhere.
What choices do you have?
A. Do Not Track
We currently do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
B. Your Privacy Rights
In addition to the privacy rights we provide to California residents (see CCPA Privacy Notice linked above), we provide the following privacy rights:
- Under the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA), Virginia residents can:
- Submit a request to confirm processing of personal information and to access such personal information by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line: ATTN: Customer Service Department—Virginia Privacy Info. Prior to fulfilling your request, we will need to verify your identity, which may require additional pieces of information.
- Submit a request to correct inaccuracies in their personal information by logging in to their account and editing the information therein. Please note that we may be unable to process certain requests to correct, depending on the nature of the information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information. As an alternative, you may delete your inaccurate information by following the instructions under “Deletion” below.
- Appeal our refusal to act on a relevant request by responding to the email that states such refusal.
- You can submit a request for deletion by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ATTN: Customer Service Department—Data Deletion. Prior to fulfilling your request, we will need to verify your identity, which may require additional pieces of information.
- To unsubscribe from marketing emails, please use the link located at the bottom of the marketing email.
- We may offer public forums or blogs, if you participate, your comments and questions will be publicly displayed. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com.
- We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We offer clients and consultants the ability to create a profile on the Site, which consists of personal information, photographs, examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Site, hourly fees, earnings information, feedback/rating information, and username. The information in your profile may be visible to all users and the general public. You may edit or correct certain information in your profile via your account. If you believe an unauthorized profile has been created for you, you can request it be removed by contacting us at email@example.com.
5. Additional Privacy Disclosures
A. European Union Visitors
6. Children’s Privacy
The Service is only for users of the age of 18 or older. If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to register with us or provide any personal information about yourself to us at any time for the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 and we do not direct our Service to individuals under the age of 13.
7. How do we protect your information?
We use Site-appropriate physical, electronic, and other procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. However, please be aware that the Internet is an inherently unsafe environment, and that hackers are constantly working to defeat security measures. Thus, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed, and you accept this risk.
8. How long do we store your information?
9. What about changes to this notice?
10. Who can you contact with questions or concerns?
CCPA Privacy Notice
Last updated: January 1, 2023 (“Effective Date”)
General Information Regarding Your Personal Information
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of Personal Information via our Service (and have done so within the past 12 months when engaging with our Service):
- Identifiers (such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, driver’s license or other state identification card, username and password).
- Categories of Personal Information listed in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Customer Records Act (such as your phone number, address, driver’s license or state identification card, education, and employment history);
- Internet/Network Information (such as device information, logs and analytics data);
- Geolocation Data;
- Professional/Employment Information (such as National Provider Number (“NPI”), medical specialty, job history, taxpayer identification information, medical diplomas, and medical licenses).
- Other Personal Information (including information you submit into the feedback forms and any communications between you and NextStop);
- Inferences (such as information generated from your use of the Services reflecting predictions about your interests and preferences); and
- Sensitive Personal Information (such as driver’s license or state identification card and account name and password).
- We process sensitive personal information for the limited purposes permitted by the CCPA that do not require a corresponding opt-out.
However, in the last 12 months, we have not knowingly “sold” personal information or “shared” personal information for “cross-context behavioral advertising.” We do not have actual knowledge of “selling” or “sharing” personal information of individuals under 16 years of age.
The Business or Commercial Purposes for Which We Use Your Personal Information.
We use your personal information in order to provide our Service (including providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information), to run our business (including for internal research for technological development and demonstration, activities to verify or maintain the quality of the service or improving, upgrading or enhancing our service, debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality, internal business operations, analytics, and to provide, develop, change, market or optimize our service and products), to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity, debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect this information directly from you and from your browser or device when you interact with our website.
We retain the categories of personal information listed above as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. In many situations, we must retain all, or a portion, of your personal information to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, protect against fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal activity, or for another one of our business purposes.
Your Consumer Rights Under the CCPA
This section describes your various rights in relation to your personal information under the CCPA. For more information on how to effectuate such rights, please see the Submitting CCPA Requests section below.
Right to Know. You have the right to request, free of charge, that we disclose information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months (or longer, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort), including:
- The categories of personal information we collect about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information we collect about you;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, “selling,” or “sharing” the personal information;
- The categories of third parties to whom the business discloses personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we’ve collected about you.
Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we’ve collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Correction. You have the right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal information be corrected, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the consumer’s personal information.
Right of Non-Discrimination. You have the right to not receive discriminatory adverse treatment for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Submitting CCPA Requests
Requests to Know or Delete. To exercise your rights to know or delete, you, or an authorized agent, may submit a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ATTN: Customer Service Department—California Privacy Info.
Requests to Correct. To exercise your right to correct, please log into your account and edit the information therein. Please note that we may be unable to process certain requests to correct, depending on the nature of the information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information.
Verification of Requests.
Only you, or an individual legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know, delete, correct, or opt-out related to your personal information. You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know, delete, or correct must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, or that the requestor is your authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly respond to it.
We may request information from you in order to verify your identity. Additionally, we may require that authorized agents provide proof of their authorization. We cannot respond to your request if we are unable to verify your identity, your authority to make a request on behalf of another person, or if we cannot confirm that the personal information relates to you. In general, we will verify your request and your identity by matching the information you provided with the information we have in our records.
We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.Changes to this CCPA Notice
This CCPA Notice is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may modify this CCPA Notice at any time. Please check the revision date at the top of this page to determine if the policy has been modified since you last reviewed it.Contact Us
If you have any questions about this CCPA Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.